Sports Information: Fall sports include Baseball, Softball, Cross Country (running), and Girls’ Basketball. Later this school year information will be available regarding other sports—Boys’ Basketball, Girls’ Volleyball, and Track. In addition, Eater also has a cheerleading squad that cheers for girls and boys basketball games. All athletic questions should be directed to our Athletic Director, Mrs. Jordahl (firstname.lastname@example.org) If your student is interested in playing a sport at Eater, you will need to have the following completed prior to trying out and/or participating:
- A sports physical examination (a physical is current for 13 months from the date of the exam)
- Parental signature indicating review of the Code of Conduct and the Concussion Policy (provided by coach).
Tryout information for each sport is as follows:
- Softball tryouts are July 23 and 24 from 5:00-7:00 p.m. at Wabash Park. Girls in grade 6-8 may try out, and there will be one team.
- Baseball tryouts are July 30 and 31 from 3:00-4:30 p.m. at the Wabash Park. Boys in grades 6-8 may try out, and there will be one team.
- Cross Country team meeting is Monday, July 30 at 10:00 a.m. by the flag pole in front of Eater. The practice schedule will be available after the initial team meeting. After July 30, students may join the team and should contact head coach, Ms. Bean at
- Girls’ Basketball tryouts may begin August 27 with more details forthcoming.
- Boys’ Basketball tryouts may begin October 15 with more details forthcoming.
- Cheer Open to 7th and 8th grade students only, tryouts are in the spring for the following year.