RCS #137 Families
Below, please find useful information for families who are new to the District or have students who are continuing their education at one of RCS schools. Please note, students who are promoted from one RCS school to another (i.e., from Pleasant Acres to J.W. Eater) are considered returning students.
Please read additional information found under the “Parent” drop down menu at the top of this page. The links provide information for Skyward Family Access, Monthly Food Service Menus, and Special Services for Students.
IMPORTANT OPENING SCHOOL INFORMATION
As of Aug 16th, we will be on our third day with no internet. This makes registration, teacher assignment, and bus scheduling nearly impossible. We were able to do some registration today, August 15th. After today there is no more registration until Wed, Aug 23rd. If you are a new move in to the district and you were turned away due to internet issues this week, please call your school’s office and explain the situation. They will work with you to get your child into school. If you are a returning student, we have provided many opportunities since May 1st for registration. You will have to wait until Aug. 23rd. Please have patience with the information on Skyward since not all the information is up to date. If you need to know bus information, please call Justin at 893-5445 and he will do his best to provide this information. His system relies on the internet as well and he hasn’t been able to work in his office the past two days.
The eclipse will occur on Monday, August 21st. While we are so excited for this event and the learning opportunities for our students, our number one concern is for the safety of all our students. Therefore we have made the following decisions:
- There is no Early Childhood AM or PM on Mon, Aug 21st. Their first day of school is now Tue, Aug 22nd. Dismissal and arrival at midday is during the eclipse.
- Dismissal times for Mon, Aug 21st will be altered so no one is outside during the eclipse time period. K-5th gr will dismiss at 2:45 and Eater Jr High will dismiss at 3:15.
- There will be no outside recess on Mon, Aug 21st.
- Only Eater Jr High students will be allowed to view the eclipse with school-provided NASA approved glasses, but they MUST have a signed parent permission slip, which will be sent home with your child this Friday.
- K-5th gr will have appropriate level activities and/or view the event safely from inside the school via NASA Internet station.
- If you wish to take your child out of school for the viewing of the eclipse, your child’s absence will be excused.
If you have any questions, please contact your child’s principal.
Please use the following link http://rcs137.org/parents-and-families/registration/ to register your new or returning student for the 2017-2018 school year.
School Information/Supply Lists/RCS Handbooks/Computer and Technology Guidelines
Information about our individual outstanding schools can be found on their web sites. Links to their individual sites can be found under the “Schools” tab at the top of this page.
Arrival and Dismissal Information
Arrival and Dismissal Times
- Early Childhood Program:
- AM (morning) session begins at 8:00 a.m. with dismissal at 10:30 a.m.
- PM (afternoon) session begins at 12:00 p.m. with dismissal at 2:30 p.m.
- All Kindergarten through 5th Grade Student Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- J.W. Eater Jr. High: 8:20 a.m. – 3:05 p.m.
Daily School Breakfast Times and School Menus
- Early Childhood (EC) through 5th Grade Elementary Buildings breakfast starts at 7:40 a.m.
- J.W. Eater Jr. High breakfast starts at 8:05 a.m.
Click Here for school menus
Curriculum and Instruction Information
For general information about Rantoul City Schools District curriculum and instruction, please visit the RCS #137 Curriculum and Instruction web page. For specific classroom level information, please contact your student’s teacher. Contact information can be found on Skyward Family Access or on the individual school’s staff page on their web site.
For more information about the district programs listed below, please click on the link to visit the programs web page.
- Bilingual & Multilingual services
- Elementary Fine Arts program
- Health Services
Special Services and Miscellaneous Links
For RCS #137 students and their families who may need Special Services, please visit the RCS #137 Special Services web page.
Food Service information, including monthly menus and nutrition information, can be found on the RCS #137 Health and Food Services page.
School supply lists for the elementary schools and J.W. Eater Jr. High School can be found on this page. If other supplies are needed for a specific class, the teacher will notify the students.
Student Accident Insurance
You will see Program Specifics where you can download, in color the 2 page Brochure which gives the Plans and instructions to enroll, as well as a copy of the Claim Form, which can be completed online here as well.
School District Name: Rantoul City Schools # 137
Name of the School your child attends.
Skyward Student Information System
Skyward is the student information database system RCS #137 utilizes in order for parent/guardian(s) to access their student’s information. Skyward Family Access provides important information to families about their student’s schedule, grades, attendance, and food service meals. More importantly, it provides the ability to contact your student’s teachers, as well as, manage student information. After the online registration is approved by the school, the parent/guardian will receive their Skyward Family Access User ID and password information.
Fees and Payments
The Rantoul City Schools District Web Store can process payments for a number of district and school generated fees. To add money to a student’s Food Service account, please visit the Food Service page for more instructions.
First Student Bus Services – 217-893-5445
Families with elementary school students can see school boundaries by visiting the RCS #137 Boundary Maps Page on the web site. The link has been temporarily disabled due to remapping.